JetBackup is plugin of backup copies for cPanel very robust that always allows to have kept endorsements from all archives in several units of external storage for greater security.
PrackHost takes using several Jetbackup years as backup copy manager in all the shared and resellers, VPS and Dedicated servers, by its stability and versatility.
All the accounts of clients who we lodged in PrackHost have backup copy of at least 60 days. PrackHost is to partner of JetBackup and uses this technology to endorse all sites of clients.
In this tutorial we are going to show the qualities to you of this plugin and how it allows to recover your data in case of disaster, accidental erasure, etc.
Index of this article
- Entrance to JetBackup
- Full Accounts Backups
- It cases out Backups
- Cron Jobs Backups
- DNS Zone Backups
- Backups database
- SSL CERT Backups
- How many do backup copies keep?
Entrance to JetBackup
The Control Panel of backup copies is within cPanel. For it you must accede to cPanel.
Once within your Control Panel, you will be a group of icons as these:
Here you will be able to see 8 different sections, each with his function:
- Full Accounts Backups: Copies of all the data.
- It cases out Backups: Copies of the archives and folders.
- Cron Job Backups: Copies of the tasks cron.
- DNS Zone Backups: Copies of registries DNS.
- Backups database: Copies of the data bases MySQL.
- Backups email: Copies of all the e-mails of the domain.
- SSL CERT Backups: Copies of certificates of security SSL.
- Queue: Tail of processes (restoration and generations of unloadings) that is being executed or have been executed already.
We are going to explain each of them and how you can recover the data in each case.
Full Accounts Backups
From you can here unload a complete backup copy of your account: archives, post office, data bases, zones dns, etc.
This endorsement is recommendable to only use in case you need to lower a copy to your local surroundings to store it.
This option does not allow you to recover by same you all the account. As we commented is useful to recover it of a total disaster.
If you need to recover all the account to the complete one, send a support ticket to us and we will do it by you.
In order to unload an account to the complete one in the chosen date, you must follow these steps:
The date of the copy chooses that you wish to lower to your computer. You can choose any copy of the 2 last months. You above have a pagination to the right to find the most suitable date.
Once chosen the date, it punctures in the option To generate Unloading soon and in the button Add to Download Queue so that the system prepares the copy to lower. (The connection now will appear as Download/Restore in Progress (Click to Queue)).
You must hope to that this process finishes. You can leave this page and return later. The process will not pause. It can take several minutes, following the volume of data of your account.
Once the system has finished packing the copy, will appear to you two new connections: To unload and To eliminate Unloading .
The unloading connection will be active temporarily during 3 days. Also you can eliminate it once you have unloaded it if you want to save space in your account.
The unloading file also will be available during that time in the directory home, in the /.jbm/downloads route.
It cases out Backups
It is the most common restoration and the one than you can more use of the tool. From you will be able here to directly unload or to recover to your Web archives or folders.
It imagines that you have eliminated accidentally a folder. It imagines that you have modified the code of a file and want to recover the original one.
, If this one is your case, this is the recommended option well to recover archives and folders.
You will have the possibility of unloading those archives or folders to your local computer (as in the case of the Full Backups), or you can recover them to the Web in production so that those sobrewrite that or there are.
To recover is very simple:
- It enters the option of Cases out Backups.
- It looks for the date from which you want to recover.
- It selects the connection Cases out corresponding manager (the one that is the same height of the date which you have chosen):
It will appear to you a directory tree with all the folders that home of your account has.
IMPORTANT: You must consider that the archives and folders that belong to your Web always are in the directory public_html.
You must select to the folder public_html and puncture the button Download Selected to unload that copy, or Restore Selected to recover the archives and folders that there are within that folder to the real location of the servant.
Once selections the wished option, in the column of the right will activate a progress activity so that you know when it finalizes.
In this example which we have done it has been to recover all the public_html.
But how recovered is a file or a loose folder of your Web?
Of the same form of before, but instead of selecting the square of public_html, we will puncture in the own connection (in the name public_html) to open that folder.
Here we will find a tree of directories and archives that comprise by the root of your Web.
We only must sail by those folders until finding the folder or file that we want to select. And to make the process that before we have seen (To unload or To recover).
That I can do if I want to recover a complete copy of my Web (archives and data bases)?
In order to recover a Web as WordPress, Joomla, PrestaShop or Moodle to the complete one you will need to keep to end 2 step:
1) To recover the folder public_html or the folder that contains all the cms. For example if you have a WordPress in a subdirectory, you will have to only recover that subdirectory (public_html/directory)
2) To recover the data base. After recovering the folder that contains cms you will have to recover the data base. We more ahead explained to you how to recover a data base.
Cron Jobs Backups
The same operative one of before (To unload or To recover) but selecting the option Cron Jobs of the main Menu of JetBackup:
DNS Zone Backups
The same operative one of before (To unload or To recover) but selecting option DNS Zone Backups of the main Menu of JetBackup:
Zones DNS are the set of registries DNS that you have formed in the servant for that domain.
There are several entrances DNS: Entrances To, Entrances MX, Entrances CNAME, TXT Entrances, etc.
This backup is important if by error changes some entrance and wants to give back them to its previous state.
The data bases are the tables that contain all the dynamic characteristicses that you have been adding to your Web: post and articles, sections, galleries, commentaries, configurations of plugins, etc. and are the part of your Web that it changes more.
By that reason he is backup more important and the one than you are more going to need.
If for whatever reason until eliminated some article and you want it to recover, if you have updated plugin and you want to back return, if there are actualizaco the version of your cms but it does not work, etc. this backup can save to you; )
In order to recover a backup copy of a data base, you must choose Backups Database of the menu of JetBackup.
They will appear the backup copies that you have of your data bases. You only must choose if to unload the file to your computer, or to recover it to your real data base of the servant being sobrescribiendo All the data that you have.
EYE! You can have more than a data base, so you must have well-taken care of which you select.
You don't know what names it has the data base that you want to recover and has more than one?
It is easy to find out which is the name of the data base of cms if you publish the configuration file of that cms. In that file it always appears the name of the data base.
We see some examples:
- In WordPress you must publish the file wp-config.php that there is in the root of own cms. There is a called field defines (DB_NAME, xxxxx_xxxxx); that it shows the exact name to you of the data base.
- In Joomla you must publish the file configuration.php that there is in the root of own cms. Public is a called field $db = xxxx_xxxx; that it shows the exact name to you of the data base.
- In PrestaShop 1,7 you must publish the /app/config/parameters.php file that there is in the root of own cms. Database_name is a called field => xxxx_xxxx, that shows the exact name to you of the data base.
- In PrestaShop 1,6 you must publish the /config/settings_inc.php file that there is in the root of own cms. There is a called field defines (_DB_NAME_, xxxx_xxxx); that it shows the exact name to you of the data base.
- In Moodle you must publish the /config/settings_inc.php file that there is in the root of own cms. CFG->dbname is a called field = xxxx_xxxx; that it shows the exact name to you of the data base.
Once you know clearly which is the data base that you must recover, you come to its restoration (or it unloads).
This option allows you to recover emails that had stored during the execution of the backup copy in a certain date. If flocks by accident some email you could recuperlo of this form.
This option which does is to recreate the specified account of email again, perhaps but it does not recover emails stored to you in that account. If you want to recover the post office of an account you will need to do it in two phases:
- Recovering the accounts email that you want to recreate.
- To recover the archives of emails. For it you must use the restoration that we saw previously in Cases out Backups and selecting to the folder mail of home. If you want to only recover emails of a mail mailbox you must enter Mail and select the folder with the name of that mailbox of mail.
SSL CERT Backups
In order to recover certificates issued from cPanel (Comodo) or of Let's Encrypt.
This is the job queue of plugin, whether you are recovering some data or you are generating a unloading in this section you will be able to see the progress and the conclusion of the work of restoration.
Also you will have an historical one of all the restorations that you have done in your account.
How many do backup copies keep?
We keep copies in external servers for greater security and redundancy. In addition to improve the privacy and the speed of turned over of data the servers they are connected through a local network without access from the outside.
- Hosting WordPress: Complete copies every 24 hours and Copies of Data bases every 2 hours.
- Hosting Joomla: Complete copies every 24 hours and Copies of Data bases every 2 hours.
- Hosting PrestaShop: Complete copies every 24 hours and Copies of Data bases every 2 hours.
- Hosting Moodle: Complete copies every 24 hours.
- Cloud Elastic Hosting: Complete copies every 24 hours.
- VPS: Complete copies every 24 hours and Copies of Data bases every 12 hours.
- Dedicated servers: Complete copies every 24 hours and Copies of Data bases every 12 hours.
In addition, monthly copies become of all the shared accounts to hostings and they keep during 1 year for greater security.
The space of complete copies is stored during 60 days.
The copies of Bases de Datos (every 2 hours) are only kept during 3 days.
There is no space limit and all is restaurables by our clients from their Control Panel.